USA Wrestling has declared November 13-19 as #BacktotheMat Week, which highlights the beginning of high school wrestling all across the United States.
Each day this week, #BacktotheMat Week will celebrate a different positive reason for high school students to participate in wrestling.
• Monday – Wrestling develops the foundation for success in life
• Tuesday – Build self confidence
• Wednesday – Gain new friends
• Thursday – Showcase integrity
• Friday – Transform yourself
• Saturday – Instill discipline
• Sunday – Develop new skills
Coaches are encouraged to cite specific examples of individuals on the team or those who have wrestled before who have exemplified the daily lesson/example. Please give post your examples of these traits on social media using the hashtag #BacktotheMat.