Team NC is proud to offer National Team Scholarships to help assist athletes with the cost of National Team participation. These funds are provided from membership dues collected, event entry fees, and generous donations from individuals who believe in the mission and vision of Team NC wrestling.
Scholarships would be awarded based on the following criteria, with a maximum award of $400 per athlete
WHO CAN APPLY: Any North Carolina wrestler planning to compete as a member of A) 14U/Schoolboy National Duals B) 16U/Cadet National Duals C) Junior National Duals, D) 14U/16U/Jr. Women's Duals E) Cadet and Junior Nationals in Fargo.
CRITERIA FOR SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS (please complete all sections that apply)
1) Financial hardship- $200 Requires a letter of recommendation from a coach AND either 1) proof of free & reduced lunch or 2)Medicaid Card
2) Academic Success- $100 Would be awarded to athletes with 3.5 GPA or higher. Must provide documentation of current GPA (report card or transcript)
3) Attending more than one event/trip- $200 (must also meet one of the other criteria on this list to be considered). National Team trips considered for this award are the National Duals and Fargo ONLY.
4) Placement at NCHSAA Championships or Women's Invitational - $50 (placer) $100 (champion)
5) Officiate NCUSA in-state events - $200 if you officiate at least six in-state spring events (please list events where you officiated) . NOTE: The Tar Heel State Classic and FS/GR States are 2 Day events. Each day is considered 1 event.
MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF AWARD WOULD BE $400 PER ATHLETE. MEETING CRITERIA DOES NOT GUARANTEE FUNDING, AS FUNDS WILL BE AWARDED BASED ON THE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS AND NUMBER OF QUALIFYING ATHLETES IN EACH CATEGORY. ***NO AWARD AMOUNT IS REDEEMABLE FOR CASH, IF YOUR BALANCE IS PAID IN FULL WE CAN NOT APPLY YOUR AWARDS***
IF YOU DO NOT SEND YOUR VERIFYING DOCUMENTS TO TeamNCWrestling@gmail.com BY THE DEADLINE YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FOR THAT POINT OF CRITERIA.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING APRIL 17th.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY MIDNIGHT ON MAY 28th.
SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS WILL BE AWARDED AND RECIPIENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY E-MAIL ON OR BEFORE MAY 30th.