Time for the Beach..
Welcome to the North Carolina Beach Wrestling Championships Web Page! The will mark our 3rd year for the NC Beach Championships ! We are very excited to be hosting this year's event in Carolina Beach once again! .
A pre-event coach’s social and early registration will be held on Friday night. Check back soon for details.
2009 NC USA Beach Wrestling Championship Lightweight Finals Match between Ryan Bridge and Chris Bencivenga.
Bencivenga won by fall.
2009 NC USA Beach Wrestling State Championship Hwt Finals between Peter Sturgeon and Dan Hicks.
Pete is from UNC-G and Dan is in the USMC. Dan is the winner of this match.
Rules for Beach Wrestling
1. Trunks for men without any accessory.
2. Swimsuit in one piece or two pieces for women without other accessory.
1. On sand, inside a circle 6 meter (~ 20ft) in diameter.
Duration Of The Matches:
1. One period of maximum three (3) minutes.
1. The person in charge acts as referee and his decisions cannot be
Kind Of Victories:
1. By fall when a wrestler touches both shoulders on the ground.
2. By throw when a wrestler has succeeded in having his opponent touch
twice during the match a part of his body on the ground. In the action
the attacking wrestler can put one or both knees on the ground.
3. By leaving the competition area if a wrestler has succeeded in pushing
twice one foot of his opponent out of the competition area.
4. By adding to a throw a leaving of the competition area.
5. By decision of the person in charge when at the end of (3) minutes no
action was executed by one wrestler compared with the activity of the
1. Kick or punch.
2. Attack the face or the hair.
3. Cover the body with an oily and / or slippery substance.
4. Holds that can lead to dislocation.
5. Stopping the match for any reason is forbidden.
19+ Lightweight Division
1st Chris Bencivenga
2nd Ryan Bridge
3rd Rick Bushby
4th Charles Price
19+ HWT Division
1st Dan Hicks
2nd Peter Sturgeon
3rd Josh McCallister
4th Victor Hollija
24+ Lightweight Division
1st Donnie Depatto
2nd Caleb Wesley
3rd Justin Wyatt
4th Micheal Buckner
15-19yo Lightweight Division
1st Anthony Gonderman
2nd Kyle Ramey
3rd Matthew Woody
4th Tim Livingston
15-19yo Heavyweight Division
1st Mike Frazitta
2nd Donavan Gonderman
3rd DJ Manning
4th Guillermo Solis
11-14 Heavyweight Division
1st Kacee Hutchinson
2nd Christian Solis
3rd Shand Strickland
11-14 Lightweight Division
1st Bailey Hoke
2nd Phil Frederick
3rd Alexis Oakley
4th Solomon Duncan
10 & Under Lightweight Division
1st Dakota Tehandon
2nd Matthew Dillon
10 & Under Middleweight Division
1st Logan Scott
2nd Enrique Farbotoke
3rd Jack Dillon
10 & Under Heavyweight Division
The Carolina Beach area is a family friendly beach area located just minutes from Wilmington, NC. The area is known as “Pleasure Island” (pleasureislandnc.org) is home to the North Carolina Aquaium, Historic Fort Fisher, and many other attractions. Also just in time for this year’s event, Carolina Beach will be bringing in amusement rides to the boardwalk area. This tradition dates back to the 1950s and helped make Carolina Beach one of the favorite beaches in North Carolina for kids of all ages.
There will also be a Battle of the Bands event taking place on the boardwalk during and after the tournament.
Carolina Beach Boardwalk, Carolina Beach, NC
Local Attractions and information
Pleasure Island www.pleasureislandnc.org
NC Aquarium- www.ncaquariums.com/fort-fisher
Fort Fisher- www.nchistoricsites.org/fisher/fisher.htm
MENTION NCUSA WRESTLING
Ameri-Stay Inn and Suites (on 421 just before you get to the Island at Monkey Junction)
5600 Carolina Beach Road Wilmington NC 28412
910-796-0770 ot 1-800-9617829 cost $71.10 + 14% tax for a double - you must mention NCUSA Wrestling
Contact Nacy Bussovne @ United Beach Vacations
1001 North Lake Park Blvd
Carolina Beach NC 28428
907 North Lake Park Blvd
cost $108 + tax 14%